The history of Makeup
Makeup has been around for at least 6,000 years and has played a role in nearly every society.
* Lipstick, lip gloss, lip liner, lip plumper, lip balm, lip conditioner, lip primer, and lip boosters.
* Foundation, used to smooth out the face and cover spots or uneven skin coloration. Usually a liquid, cream, or powder. Foundation primer can be applied before to get a smoother finish.
* Powder, used to set the foundation, giving a matte finish, and also to conceal small flaws or blemishes.
* Rouge, blush or blusher, cheek coloring used to bring out the color in the cheeks and make the cheekbones appear more defined. This comes in powder, cream, and liquid forms.
* Bronzer, used to give skin a bit of color by adding a golden or bronze glow.
* Mascara is used to darken, lengthen, and thicken the eyelashes. It is available in natural colors such as brown and black, but also comes in bolder colors such as blue, pink, or purple. There are many different formulas, including waterproof for those prone to allergies or sudden tears. Often used after an eyelash curler and mascara primer.
* Eyelid glue, eye liner, eye shadow, eye shimmer, and glitter eye pencils as well as different color pencils used to color and emphasize the eyelids (larger eyes give a more youthful appearance).
* Eyebrow pencils, creams, waxes, gels and powders are used to color and define the brows.
* Nail polish, used to color the fingernails and toenails.
* Concealer, Makeup used to cover any imperfections of the skin.